Sierra View Junior Academy approaches a student’s appearance, and therefore the dress code, from a Biblical perspective.
The practical application of these principles in clothing and appearance is intended to de-emphasize the love of self-display and preoccupation with conformity to changing fads. While attending Sierra View, students will follow guidelines that have been chosen with the following Biblical principles as a guide:
Below you will find the guidelines of what students should wear to school as well as to school sponsored activities/performances. School personnel will make the final decision regarding appropriate school attire. In matters of opinion, the judgment of teachers and administration will prevail. While this is not a uniform, it is a dress code. Most jobs require a dress code too, whether spoken or unspoken, so meeting the requirements of our code shows respect.
- Polo style only at all times. A sweater covering a t-shirt is not a substitution for a polo style top.
- Solid color or with an appropriate pattern.
- Sierra View Junior Academy T-Shirts may be worn on Fridays and should be worn for field trips.
- Solid color without a pattern.
- Must not be sagging, baggy, too tight, ripped or torn, unhemmed or have holes.
- No athletic attire may be worn in class including sweat pants, tights, leggings, and athletic shorts/pants except during P.E. class.
- K-6th graders must wear tennis shoes.
- Grades 7-10 must wear closed-toed shoes. No flip-flops or open-toes sandals.
- PE Class for grades 7-10 requires tennis shoes.
- Solid color or with an appropriate pattern
- No brand logo larger than an adult fist
- No unnatural haircuts or colors.
- Must be clean and neatly kept.
- Hats, hoods, visors, beanies and sunglasses are not to be worn inside buildings (including the gymnasium).
- No jewelry or unnecessary accessories are allowed; such as items made of rubber, cloth, leather, plastic or metal. Chains on pants shirts or around the neck or limbs are not allowed.
Dress Code for school sponsored activities when school uniform is not required are:
- Midriffs covered at all times.
- Straps must be at least 3 fingers width. No spaghetti straps or strapless attire.
- Modest swimsuits – one piece or tankini. Dark colored t-shirts may be worn over swimsuits.